Friday, June 22, 2012

Book Review: Priceless by Cat Grant *Riptide Publishing*

Priceless
Author:
Cat Grant
978-1-937551-37-7

When love’s for sale, who really pays?

Connor Morrison is a 3-D optics pioneer, the star of the UC Berkeley physics department, and a socially inept workaholic. And with his dear friend and business partner, Steve Campbell, handling their investors, he’s content to remain in the shadows. That is, until he meets the gorgeous and starry-eyed physics student Wes Martin.

Wes is brilliant but broke. Ever since his scholarship fell victim to the financial crisis, he's had no choice but to sell his body to stay in school. Already half in love with Connor, Wes initially resists Steve's offer to be Connor's thirty-fifth birthday present. But in the end, Wes is too broke—and too smitten—to say no.

Connor has no idea Steve bought Wes’s attentions, and he quickly falls under the young man’s spell. Yet after one night together, Wes disappears. He can't bear to hook with a man he could so easily grow to love, but he also can’t bear to tell him the truth. Besides, if he sleeps with Connor again, there'd be no way to hide the bruises one of his regular johns loves to inflict. Only one thing to do: let Connor go. Walking away is painful, but not nearly as much as building a relationship on lies.

(This title is part of the 2012 Rentboy Collection. Click here to purchase the complete collection at 20% off!)

I obtained the above information from Riptide Publishing~

For those of you that know me... and those that don't this is my little statement about short books.... I do not judge short stories on the rush of their relationships, because they are just that - short stories. So, yes the relationships always could have been drawn out more, yea it seems like they fall in love to fast and of course the story could have been made longer... but it is a short story. So with that said.... here is my review...
Also, I will leave you with the warning that this is a m/m book/review. If m/m is not your cup of tea... or if you are not sure this fits in your comfort zone, you will not offend me if you if you just stop by to say Hi!

Oh gosh.... Where do I start! I loved this story! I am a fan of Ms. Cat's work but this time... She teased me, she tempted me, she made me mad, she made me fall in love... and she definitely surprised me! Ms. Cat has a way with her words and a way with her characters. She writes them with such detail that you know you are going to fall in love with them.

This is a short tale, so you know there won't be much given away of what the book is about... Just a whole 'lotta teasing because I know what it is about and I want you to go get it! Connor reminds me of the geek of geek professors, lol. He does... But you love him so much that you just want him happy. But being happy in his dorm room like apartment is not where you want him to be - at least not alone. You know he wants to have that special someone to share his life with... But finding that person is very hard. Until his best friend tries to give him the best 35th birthday present ever....

Wes is an amazingly strong guy. You might not agree with what he has to do to survive but then again, you have to walk a mile in his shoes to understand why and how.... He knows what has to be done to eat and live and put himself through school. Is he happy with his way of life... of course not but what else is he to do.... Then he gets to get close to the man he has been drooling over... and he secretly hoped things would change... But one thing does not change... Rent and tuition are still due.

Connor is kinda tired of being lonely but always buried up to his eyes in his work - there simply is no room nor time to find someone with the same personality as himself. But one night changed his mind.... Or did it. Faced with facing Wes every day - or at least he was hoping since Wes moved in his apartment complex... Connor was hoping to get to know Wes a whole lot better... But coming to Wes' rescue in order to save his life was something Connor was not sure he was ready for. But giving his heart over to Wes was something he was not sure he was ready to do.... But love always finds a way into situations - no matter what you want or don't want!

 I dare you to pick up this story and not fall in love with Wes and Connor's story.



And remember... Always keep it Dirty, Smutty & Hussy! Photobucket

1 comment:

I want to thank you for stopping by my place... I hope to see you again!!
I hope you enjoy my little bloggie home as much as I do!
With hugs, love and smiles... Cecile

My Fictional Smutty Boyfriend.... =)

"Quotes"